Your Cart

  • Your cart is empty


Class 3/NFA

                                                     NFA Title II Class 3 Guidelines


National Firearms Act (NFA), Title II (Class III) items commonly available for purchase include selectfire machine guns (“full auto”) manufactured before 19 May 1986 (including certain parts for these firearms), short-barreled rifles and shotguns, suppressors (“silencers”) and any part comprising a suppressor, and a selection of firearms identified as Any Other Weapons (AOW). So-called “Destructive Devices” are also NFA items, but not commonly available to purchase. For more information on AOW firearms, please refer to the following link:

NFA Weapons and Descriptions

Machine Gun - Fires more than one round with a single pull of the trigger, $200 tax stamp
Short Barreled Rifle - Any rifle with barrel length under 16 inches, $200 tax stamp
Short Barreled Shotgun - Any shotgun with barrel length under 18 inches, $200 tax stamp
Silencer - Also more properly termed a sound suppressor, $200 tax stamp
Destructive Device (DD) - Grenades, bombs, gases, etc., and any firearm over .50 caliber with no legitimate sporting purpose, $200 tax stamp for each grenade or item
Any Other Weapon (AOW) - Is the catch-all for smooth bore pistols, cane-guns, short barreled-short stock rifles and shotguns, etc., $5 tax stamp for this category only.
As a group, the above items are known as Title II weapons or firearms.

Illegal States

Machineguns are ILLEGAL for individuals in DE, DC, HI, IA, IL, KS, MI, NJ, NY, RI, WA, and SC.

Suppressors are ILLEGAL for individuals in CA, DE, DC, HI, KS, IL, MN, MO, MS, MT, NY, NJ, and RI.

Short Barreled Rifles are ILLEGAL for individuals in: AL, HI, IL, NJ, NY, RI, and WA.

Short Barreled Shotguns are ILLEGAL for individuals in: AL, DE, HI, IL, KS, MA, NJ, NY, RI, and WA.

In addition, some states and local areas require that you register machineguns with them, after federal approval. It is best to check with your local Class 03 dealer on these matters.

Before you make your purchase

In order to ensure your purchase process starts smoothly we ask that you confirm that the FFL you wish to have product shipped to has a valid SOT License. To assist in this process, we have included a link:



Making your Purchase

After you have selected your NFA item for purchase and selected your FFL dealer we will validate your specified dealer has a valid FFL and up to date SOT.  In the event your FFL does not have a valid SOT we will contact you and assist with locating another dealer with valid license in place.  Once a FFL is confirmed we will begin our process of completing Form 3 for ATF to transfer item to your dealer, this process can take up to 4 weeks and must be approved before we can ship purchased item.

Picking up your Purchase

Once your purchase has been delivered to your selected dealer, they will begin additional forms with you (Form 4) to take ownership of purchase. This process could take some time and your dealer will advise you of any updates.  Please note “ALL SALES ARE FINAL” on all NFA products so please ensure you have reviewed and understand necessary steps to obtain any NFA Class III item.